Paperpile is a modern web application to manage and write academic papers. We are a small, distributed team in the US and Europe. Our user-base is growing and so is the team around it.
- As part of a small team everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
- Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We communicate with tools like Slack, Trello and Hangouts to move our product forward fast.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer or medieval history. You talk to them every day to understand how we can make their work more productive.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase and ship new features and new products.
This is a remote position. However, this time we only hire in European (and potentially Asian) timezones (sorry).
You have experience and a deep understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, REST APIs, ...)
You have experience with Node.js and feel home in the Node.js ecosystem (Babel, Jest, Yarn, ...).
You have developed complex apps with React/Redux (or with other frameworks and want to learn React).
You work independently and write clean, re-usable and testable code.
More useful experience (optional):
- React Native
- Native iOS or Android development
- Background in research or academia